Fridge Issues That Require Immediate Repair
Refrigerators are complex machines. Without them, your modern lifestyle falls apart. If your refrigerator gets broken, you can search for “refrigerator repair near me” and hire a technician to fix it for you. Let’s check out a few fridge issues that require immediate repair.
- Constant cycling – Your refrigerator consumes a lot of power to keep things cool. That’s why it’s designed to be as efficient as possible. Apart from being insulated really well, the refrigerator has smart sensors that run the refrigerator for a while till the temperature goes as low as the desired level. After that, the refrigerator stops drawing massive amounts of power and allows the refrigerator to keep itself cool within the insulated environment for as long as possible.
That’s why when refrigerators are working normally, they run for a while and then shut down and then run again when the temperature rises. This cooling cycle keeps your power-hungry refrigerator very efficient. That’s why it’s a problem if your refrigerator runs constantly and should be immediately checked by a professional. In these cases, the usual suspect is dust buildup on the condenser coils.
To check the condenser coils, plug off the refrigerator and access the condenser coils by removing the back panel. Clean the condenser coils with a condenser coil cleaning brush and turn on the refrigerator. If the problem still persists, check if the temperature inside the refrigerator is set to low. Adjust the temperature of the refrigerator and see if it fixes the problem.
If the problem still persists, there may be something wrong with the thermostat sensor or other components and your refrigerator should be repaired immediately. If you treat this as a small problem, the components in your fridge will wear out more quickly and that will lead to more expensive repair bills in the future and also reduce the lifespan of your refrigerator. Moreover, it also increases your energy bill.
- Leaky refrigerator – People think that water leakage is a common problem that can be ignored. The usual logic behind this mentality is that the condensed air cools down the water vapor that may get leaked from time to time. However, most modern refrigerators are already designed to mitigate this problem and that’s why a leaky refrigerator is very alarming. It increases the chances of short-circuiting and electrical fires.
A leaky refrigerator is often the result of a clogged or frozen water supply line or a blocked defrost drain. Access the defrost drain of your refrigerator from the inside. If there are food particles or other debris clogging the defrost drain, you can try flushing it with warm water. You can also try cleaning it manually with warm soapy water. On the other hand, if the problem lies with a frozen or clogged supply line, the approach is external.
Unplug your refrigerator from the wall and make sure the shut-off valve connecting to the water supply line is closed. Now you can inspect the water supply line of your refrigerator for cracks and other signs of damage. If there are any breaks or signs of damage, you need to replace the line with a new one. On the other hand, if there’s a clog that doesn’t seem like ice or if there’s no problem with the water supply line, then the water leak may be due to some other reason. Hire a technician to repair this issue as soon as possible.
- Water dispenser won’t work – Modern flagship refrigerators that cost more than four digits usually come with a built-in water dispenser. This provides you with cold and freshwater without opening the refrigerator and letting out the cold air. However, this unit also has a history of being faulty on many refrigerators across different brands. There are numerous reasons behind a faulty water dispenser.
For instance, the water tub inside the freezer door may be frozen. This prevents cool water from flowing through the dispenser. Fortunately, you can disconnect this tub, thaw the ice, and put it back again. On the other hand, if there’s something wrong with the water inlet valve that supplies the tub with water you may need to replace it. However, things get complicated if you have low water pressure. That means water is not pushed with enough force through the inlet valve. For this kind of issue, you’ll need to get the fridge immediately repaired by a technician. A pressure issue may even have something to do with your home’s plumbing.
- Warm refrigerator – Refrigerators are designed to keep things cool. That’s why it’s very alarming when your refrigerator creates excessive heat. If your refrigerator is too warm for comfort, you’ll quickly need to repair it to avoid dangerous consequences. A warm refrigerator is usually the result of condenser coils.
The condenser coils may not be able to dissipate heat properly and may end up warming up other components of your refrigerator. The same issue can persist if there’s something wrong with the condenser motor. This problem is beyond the expertise level of DIYers and that’s why it’s best to get it repaired immediately with the help of a refrigerator technician.
- Noisy refrigerator – Refrigerators have a lot of components that create a humming noise. However, it shouldn’t be loud enough to intrude on your daily life. If the refrigerator is creating a lot of noise, it may be due to one of the fans. Common refrigerators have fans for the condenser and for the evaporator. They run at the same time and if either one has a faulty motor it can make your refrigerator very loud, bring down its efficiency and cooling performance and spike up your energy bill. That’s why it’s important to get this problem fixed quickly.
Your fridge stores all the important ingredients and sometimes small problems that seem trivial may have big consequences. That’s why it’s important to get your refrigerator repaired as quickly as possible. If you face any of the above-mentioned issues, you can hire a technician to fix your fridge by searching for “refrigerator repair near me”.