Anyone who is looking to move to Texas from California should be aware of the most essential things to live in the state such as the climate, civil litigation, hospitals, education, jobs, shopping malls, markets, and the cost of living, etc. Here are some tips for those who are moving to Texas for the first time. Though the experience of California to Texas moving can be hectic for some people, others can enjoy it by following the tips below.
- Why Move to Texas?
First of all, Texas is a wonderful place to live with families or alone. It boasts impressive job growth and development for the course of living. The rich culture, affordable living, and financial firms are the three things that give the citizens plenty of opportunities. For refreshments, there are options like heritage buildings, amusement parks, theaters, restaurants, pubs, and shopping malls. Anyone would love the fact that there is so much to explore in Texas.
California has job opportunities and other facilities too but the high-income tax can make it difficult for many people to survive. The cost of buying or renting a home in Texas is approximately 60 percent lower than in California. On the other hand, Austin, the capital city of Texas is ranked as one of the top cities in the USA that are showing rapid growth of the economy. It is one of the most relevant reasons for the people who are looking to move from California to Texas and other cities that are comparatively cheaper. However, moving from one state to another can seem like a nightmare. To make the moving task easy, here are some essential aspects to keep in mind.
- Things to Know about Texas
- The Climate: Depending upon the place one chooses to live, Texas offers different types of climate. While the average temperatures are mild, summers can be as extreme as 100 degrees. One should also acknowledge the fact that the Gulf Coast of Texas is one of the most difficult places to live since it experiences hurricanes frequently.
- Civil Litigation: It is one of the most essential parameters to find a peaceful living in Texas. However, before moving to Texas, one can explore the official website of the state of Texas for detailed information about the Government. One can obtain a Texas driver’s license within 90 days of moving to the state. To register to vote in Texas, one can get relevant information from the nearest polling location.
- Cities and Metropolitans: Texas boasts a great cultural heritage where each city and metro area has its micro-culture. People who are planning their California to Texas moving should know which are the most populous cities and which areas are less populous.
- Dallas-Fort Worth: As the cultural hub of North Texas, Dallas-Fort Worth is the most popular metropolitan area in Texas.
- Houston: Located in southeast Texas, Houston is the eighth-most expensive city in the US.
- San Antonio: The city of San Antonio is the second most popular city in Texas.
- Austin: As the capital city of Texas, Austin is one of the best places to find a home.
- McAllen: Known as the ‘City of Palms’, McAllen is a beautiful place to live.
Some other cities and metropolitan areas in Texas include:
- El Paso
- Corpus Christi
- Beaumont-Port Arthur
- Benefits and Opportunities of Living in Texas:
- Educational Opportunities: Texas is vast and so are the educational opportunities available. Starting from public schools to private and magnate, there is a lot of options. If children’s education is the most important factor, the parents should research the schools before researching places to live in Texas. The largest school districts of Texas are:
- Dallas, Ft. Worth, Arlington
- Houston, Sugar Land
- Austin, Round Rock
- San Antonio
For higher education, one should search online for the institutes below:
- University of Texas
- Texas A & M
- Texas Tech
- Job Opportunities: Texas is one of the best places to find a job. Some leading companies of the state such as AT&T, Keller Williams, and American Airlines are making Texas grow massively while big giants like Apple and Google are yet to join. All of these facts ensure greater job opportunities in the state. Greater opportunities mean bigger salaries for the residents. Since the cost of living is much lower in Texas than in California and the salaries can be almost the same, it is always a good idea to save the budget through a move from California to Texas.
- Cost of Living: Texas is known as one of the fastest-growing economic states in the USA. The cost of living in Texas may vary from one location to another. Usually, the housing cost all over Texas falls by 20.30 percent below the national average, making the state a decent place to live. The hot spot for real estate is the suburban area, whereas Austin and other metro areas can be a little expensive.
- Food and Entertainment: From world-class barbecue to authentic tacos, Texas has it all. This is why Texans are proud of their food. In Texas, there is a wide variety of foods and food habits that one can choose from. Also, one can find plenty of options while looking for a restaurant or pub anywhere in Texas. Anyone looking for nightlife can move to Dallas and Austin, which are the hubs of entertainment.
While California has lined up sea beaches and other attractions, Texas ensures endless adventure. Though both California and Texas have a host of job and education opportunities for the citizens, Texas ensures an economically affordable lifestyle. It is one of the biggest reasons for people who are choosing to move to Texas. If anyone is planning to move to Texas from California anytime soon, the above guideline can help the person prepare. One can hire professional packers and movers to experience safe and effortless moving. There are plenty of options for choosing a reliable moving company that provides California to Texas moving. One can either search online or look for recommendations from friends to ensure a fast and reliable move.